Little Trenders is an onsite child care center that provides a fun and dynamic environment for children of ImageTrend employees. Our philosophy is based on Reggio Emilia Philosophy that embraces children as active learners and provides them with a safe, loving environment in which they can learn through play and exploration of the world around them. We are looking for a full-time creative and passionate assistant teacher to join our team.
Floating Classroom Support Assistant Teacher
Purpose: To work closely with the children and teachers in each classroom to provide a warm, nurturing, safe and loving environment where self-concepts are enhanced, independence encouraged and individuals respected. To support the classroom teachers and children in exploring many materials and artistic mediums to make their thinking visible.
· To work within the classrooms to help support the work of the teachers and children and to help cover the teachers absences and for prep and planning times.
· To work with small groups of children to enhance their knowledge of the different materials available to express their thoughts and interests.
· To interact with the children in a warm friendly manner and to encourage involvement in activities and supervise children at all times.
· To use appropriate positive and consistent behavior guidance with individuals and groups of children.
· To be dependable, punctual and flexible in the performance of your job.
· Must meet the requirements for Assistant Teacher as outlined by MN Licensing Department
· Certifications in CPR and First Aid are preferred
· Team-player, flexible and friendly
· Previous experience or knowledge of Reggio Emilia Philosophy
Job Type: Full-time
If you are interested in applying for a future position please send your resume to Tricia at firstname.lastname@example.org.